Friday, March 11, 2011

Season Starting

Hmm, it's been an incredibly long time since I've updated my blog. For this, if any one still reads this thing, I apologize. I just started to get farther and farther behind, and next thing I knew there was just too much too write about. I'll do my best to sum it up though. Over the off season I signed for the Trek-Livestrong U23 Development Team and also moved up to Austin for school. The past few months have been amazing. I've had an incredible time with the team over our two team camps. It's going to be an awesome year, and I can't wait to get it started.

I'm actually in Belgium at the U23 house in Izegem with the National Team. It's the end of an extremely long day for us. Flying over from the US, you basically go two days with about two hours of sleep due to the difference of time zones. For the past three hours I've found myself nodding off to sleep at almost every moment. It's been awesome...NOT. Finally, it's about time for bed so I'll actually be able to stay asleep now. It's been a fun first day of the trip with hanging out with my teammates for the next few weeks. We also met our team director for the next year, Marcello Albasini. We had a quick meeting after dinner which really got us all excited for the up and coming year. On Sunday we head over to Italy for a quick training camp before our first race in Croatia the next weekend. I'll keep y'all updated!

No comments: